Thursday, July 30, 2009

RAIN, RAIN, GO AWAY!!!

According to our raingauge we have already gotten almost 4inches of rain! GOSH!

Nothing special has been happening this week! Except that Hudson is crawling all over the place now!! I am trying to enjoy my last week of freedom!! I am really going to miss waking up every morning and having nothing to do except spend all day with my sweet baby boy! Well I take that back, I have LOTS to do... just no schedule. I can do them whenever I please! :) Its great and very much taken for granted! But like I said in previous posts, I am super excited about starting my job! I have had the passion to be a nurse since I was little bitty and I cannot wait to get out there and do it!

Monday Hudson, Lindsay, and I drove to Star City to pick up the furniture that I ordered back in April! For my birthday Mom and Larry let me pick out a bed and dresser and agreed to pay half and Alex and I pay the other half! Well there is a great place in between Star City and Monticello called "Slingerlands" its a family run business and it looks junky but its great! I looked through an Ashley furniture magazine and picked out what I wanted and he ordered it and sold it to us for WAAAYYYY cheaper! We got a great deal and a beautiful bed and dresser! I have been wanting a headboard forever because our bed was only on a frame. And then we really need the drawer space of a dresser, we have a nice size walk in closet but Alex and I both have lots of clothes. You know how guys accumulate so many tshirts over the years! I am IN LOVE with the new furniture! Our room really looks comfy and so put together now.

Tuesday I went to lunch with an old friend whom I have missed so much! It has been way too long since Ashley and I have hung out and it was great catching up!It was her first time to see Hudson too! Now that we live closer hopefully we can spend more time together! Tuesday afternoon Hudson and I met Dana in HotSprings and we shopped around of course! One of Alex's aunts owns a Medical Supply store in HotSprings so we went there to see her and get me some new scrubs for work! I have lots of different colors that I have gotten the past 2 years, but unfortunately at Saline the Registered Nurse's can only wear Navy Blue or White! The 2 colors I dont have! Its really a neat thing that they do at Saline though, all of the RNs will wear Blue or White; the LPNs will wear a pink color; the XRay people wear Red and so on. That way the patient can know who is a nurse and who isnt. I would like that if I was a patient. After we were done shopping Hudson went with Dana to visit for a couple days!

Last night Alex and I went to the movies to see The Proposal! I have been wanting to see it forever! It was so good toO!!

Today Kelley and I got out in this nasty rain. I had to get some nice picture frames for the pictures that we had made of Hudson. Also GiGi's birthday is coming up so I wanted to get her a gift. Once we got back to the house me and Kelley layed up in the bed and watched tv!!! It felt so good to just have NOTHING to do! I loved it! The rain just makes me want to be lazy anyways.

Well Alex just got home from work, Iv got to start supper and he rented a movie! We are staying in tonight and watching a movie! We really like watching movies if you havent noticed :)

1 comment:

Kasey Harrison said...

you should post pics of ur new bedroom suite!! i LOVE furniture shopping!