Sunday, July 26, 2009

I took my State Boards Exam for Nursing last Wednesday and PASSED!!! I am so relieved!!! All the tests and studying is finally over!! I am now officially a licensed Registered Nurse!! It is hard to believe! I feel like I went through hell and back to get this and I just want to shout it from the mountain tops! When I look back at what all has happened over the last year I am shocked at where I am today. I know that I was able to overcome all of the obstacles because of the relationship I have with my God, my husband, my family, and my friends! I am so thankful for all that they have done!

This next week is my last week of freedom, then I will be a working woman! I am excited about getting a paycheck but I am sad about leaving Hudson! These past 6 months have been awesome getting to stay home with him. But it is only reality that I start work :(

So.. BIG news... today Hudson started crawling!! He has been scooting around for about a week now and making one forward movement then falling on his belly, but today he took off! He isnt very fast but he is moving! We got the video camera out and recorded it! We have been trying to video alot, especially when he reaches a new milestone so that we will be able to look back and show him one day!

One of his bottom teeth has broken through the gums and he has been fussy! I know it hurts :( He didnt sleep well at all last night, it seems like we were up almost every 30 minutes... at around 5:30 I just ended up putting him in bed with us and then he slept until 9! Spoiled rotten. They said he did great in the nursery at church and he took a long nap once we got home. This afternoon he hasnt been feeling good though! He acts sleepy but you can tell his teeth are bothering him and he just cannot get comfortable! So while Alex was weed-eating the front yard, Hudson and I went strolling around the neighborhood and he was out in about 5 minutes! Kelley and I keep saying we are going to start walking and never do... so today I made myself and it was nice... it wasnt too hot today. Hopefully Kelley and I will make it a regular thing!

Alex was off this Saturday so we had 2 full days in a row together! It was great! Saturday we took Hudson to Playtime Pizza... its kind of like Chucky Cheese but alot bigger and cooler! He is still pretty young for it though, they had a little kid section but he wasnt very interested! Someone was having a birthday party too and it was PACKED! After we left there we went and ate Chinese at Panda Garden and then strolled around the Shakelford shopping center. We ended up going in BabiesRUs-Big Mistake- and got Hudson a new toy and an outside swing to go on the swingset!! Alex is just like a big kid, so when u get him in a toy store... its crazy! LOL Hudson loves the new toy though of course. And this afternoon we pushed him in the swing outside... he loves everything outside so I knew he would love that! We got a free swingset and Alex repainted it and set it up in our backyard! It is big, with lots of different things to do on it. Its probably not something I would pick out, but since it was FREE we couldnt turn it down! Once he gets big we will get a nicer one Im sure! Well here are some pics from our weekend!




No comments: