Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day!








Alex said this was the BEST Father's Day ever! LOL He said "I know this was only my first one, but I seriously had the best Father's Day" It made me smile :) I brought him coffee in bed and made him breakfast... then once he got up he opened his gift from Hudson. He got a shirt that says "Dads Garage Open 24 Hours" which he loved and wore right after church, then Ella got him a package of sour candy, and I got him a Bradford Pear Tree to plant in our front yard in remembrance of Sydni and in honor of Hudson, and an umbrella for our outside table because we love to grill and we have NO coverage and it gets so hot! I also found this cool lights that you can connect to the umbrella at Lowes and had to have them too... this gift was probably more for me than him but he really liked it too! It looks really good on our deck too. Then I also got him a thermometer and rain gauge for outside. Alex likes anything that has to do with outside! He loves all of his gifts and I am so glad!

My dad rode his motorcycle up this morning and went to Church with me and Alex! Then after Church Ryan came over and we grilled burgers! Dad opened his gifts from us and from Ryan too which Im pretty sure he liked! He is practicing for the big tennis match he has coming up so Alex, Hudson, and I got him a Nike outfit he can wear and Ryan got him a giftcard to a tennis shop! Hudson took a long nap this afternoon too so we all just sat around and watched tv and relaxed! I have been reading the book "My Sisters Keeper" so thats what I did! The movie comes out Friday and I gotta have the book finished by then! After my dad left we played with Hudson and Alex tinted our front door window to help keep some of the sun out. We have wanted to do it for a while but just never got around to it.

Well I got so caught up on telling you about our Father's Day I forgot all about the rest of our weekend!! We have actually been celebrating all weekend! Friday night Alex and I grilled Shishkabobs and had a beer together after Hudson went to bed! That was our celebration just the two of us! Then Saturday my mom and Larry came up and we went to dinner at Copelands! It was soooo good! I absolutly LOVE that restaurant! So we were completely stuffed when we got home and had rented a movie.. well after Hudson went to bed we put in our movie and we were out!




I hope everyone else had as great a father's day as we did!!

No comments: