Tuesday, April 7, 2009

WORKIN WOMAN!

I have started my Preceptorship!! I mentioned in a previous post that I will be following an RN in the ER at Saline Memorial Hospital in Benton. My first day was Sunday! 6:30am-7:00pm! WHEW! My first 12hour shift! I absolutely LOVED it though! I have always thought it would be fun to work in the ER! I really like the nurse I am assigned to also so that made it ten times better! It was slow in the morning until about lunch time, then things really picked up! The nurses were so helpful and letting me do so much! I probably started 10 IV's on my first day along with blood draws and urine specimens for each! I went on Monday also and it was a little more exciting, we had a guy come in who had been stabbed! I just sat back and watched on him! It was pretty cool! I have a break today then I go back on Wednesday and Thursday! Needless to say I am pretty tired! I am going from not working at all to 48hours in one week! LOL Its so exciting though that I cannot complain! I just love everything about nursing!

I sure have been missin my baby though! 12 hours is the longest I have ever been away from him! But I am so thankful that I have family that are able to come and keep him because I just couldnt imagine sending him to daycare! On Sunday Alex kept him so they had some guy time! No telling what they did! LOL Then Monday my mom kept him! He is hangin out with me today and I am so happy! I have missed kissin on him and seeing that sweet smile! Alex's step mom, Dana, is coming down tonight and she is going to keep Hudson tomorrow and Thursday for us! I know she is so excited!
I dont have any new pictures to put up yet! But after this weekend I will have some Easter pics! Hudson has the cutest outfit with a little bunny on it! Well my little man is waking up from his nap!! Time to go play!! Hope everyone is having a good week!!

1 comment:

ash said...

Im so glad you are loving it. I hope you continue to enjoy your work... I pray that God will lead you and give you rest when you need it. I love your blog... I hope yall had a blessed Easter as a new family!!!