Friday, August 28, 2009

Whats new in the Harvey house!?

We have all been very busy but we are all doing great! Hudson has mastered the crawling thing and he is already wanting to walk! I got my first big paycheck last week so I promised him he could get a new toy :) Well we went to Wal-Mart and picked out one of those toys where he can stand up and hold on to it and push it and walk with it. Sounds confusing but Im sure all you moms can picture this in your heads! Anyways... it says 9+ months but I couldnt resist it. After a couple of days he has it figured out! He pulls up on it and pushes it while walking all over the house! It is so cute! It looks funny because he is only 7months so it just looks unusual seeing him walking behind it! Ha! Of course he cannot walk yet... he can just walk while supporting himself on the toy! It is his new favorite for sure! I bet he will be walking early. Alex started walking at 8months so he thinks Hudson is going to take after him in that area! We shall see! Other new with Hudson, he has been sick! This is the first time he has been sick and had to go to the "sick" area in the Dr. Office!! He has had a cough for about a week and it just seemed to progressively get worse. He also had a little rash around his eyes that doesnt bother him at all but it doesnt look pretty and its just not normal for him. Dana was watching him this Mon, Tues, and Wed while I was working so I made him an appt with his doctor for Wednesday morning. My amazing boss let me leave and go meet them at the Dr too. His doctor says she thinks that the rash is some sort of irritation from him crawling and into more things now and then touching his eye. Something has irritated it. Of course there is not much you can do for a baby around the eye because of the risk of any creams getting in the eye. So she said to let that run its course and just keep an eye on it. Then she gave him an antibiotic for the cough. You would never know he is sick. He is still eating like a pig and playing hard! He is so sweet, he loves to snuggle and just hug on you. I am going to miss that when he gets bigger! He has 2 teeth on the bottom now!! Its so cute! I havent been able to get a good picture showing them off yet though!

Alex has been working like usual! They have stayed busy at Landers thank goodness! I know alot of people are losing jobs and having trouble during this regression and we are so thankful that Landers stays at the top! Alex was off this past Saturday and we had his sister Sutton and his brother Brock come down and stay the weekend with us! We had alot of fun with them and I know Alex was happy to have them here! We grilled burgers and went to the movies and went shopping. Alex's family is still having a rough time with the loss of Sydni so we were glad Sutton was able to get away and spend some time with us. When I got home from work on Wednesday there were 2 guys here talking to Alex about a Security System for our home. I was totally against it at first because I was tired and didnt want to pay big money for that. Well after talking to them about it they totally sold me. It was a great deal and a low, fixed rate each month that we would be paying! It monitors all the windows and doors and when we are not home there is a motion detector on. We also got those keychains where you can set them alarm from outside when you leave and turn it off when you pull up to the house. Also when we are home and the alarm is not set, we can set it to where when any door opens it beeps twice just to alert us that a door is open. That will be great when Hudson gets older and trys to go outside without me knowing!! Its pretty neat and definately worth the safety of my family.

Well I am still LOVING my job! I am really getting the hang of it and taking multiple patients alone now. It is so rewarding to recieve these patients and then send them home a few days later knowing that I have helped them improve and become independent again. My patients have complimented me so much saying I was a great nurse and that they recieved great care. And family members have thanked me for being so kind and caring to their loved ones. It means so much to me. I still love everyone that I work with also. A new girl started this past week and she just graduated also. So there are alot of us in our 20's working together so its so much fun! And they all have small children too so we all have alot in common. Its great!!

Well today Hudson and I are going to run some errands and go eat lunch with Alex! Here are some recent photos!!

Hudson eating some Gerber cheetos!!

Hudson and Daddy!

Grana bought Hudson this after his Dr Appt! Spoiled rotten!

No comments: